Monday 11 October 2010

Review: Xin Cuisine @ Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur

**Non-Halal**


Xin

Xin Cuisine, the Cantonese restaurant in Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur, has been one of my firm favourite especially the dim sum. It's one of those good Chinese restaurants that had survived the time and I'm glad they're still in the groove. Well, it has been a while since we last went there though and Capt'n Hook decided to have dinner there.

Xin Cuisine

Since it was a weekday, the restaurant is not very busy. Even if they are, service are still top notch. There was this on going ostrich promotion that period so I picked a Cantonese style spring onion and ginger hor fun (flat rice noodles) with ostrich (RM20) of course. The noodles were so nice full of wok hei! Loved the light starched eggy goodness gravy that clinged to the slippery smooth hor fun. The ostrich meat was done perfectly with each piece tender and smooth.

Cantonese style Hor fun with ostrich (RM20)

Strangely Capt'n Hook ordered something out of his norm which is a soupy seafood fried rice (RM25)! Perhaps it was a rainy night hence the soupy version? Anyway again I can taste the rice filled with wok hei which transfered to the soup as well. Albeit the rice is fried, the soup is not overly oily and it really loaded with chunks of seafood like fish, scallops, prawns and squid plus carrots, mushrooms, spring onions and asparagus! What a hearty bowl of comfort on a rainy cold evening...

My bowl of soupy fried rice

We were filled to the brim, hence no desserts, just some oolong loong jin tea (RM6 per pot for two of us) to wash down our dinner. There were 5% Government tax and 10% service charge which brought our bill to RM58.65.


Xin Cuisine
Ground Floor, Concorde Hotel
2 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 
50250 Kuala Lumpur, 
Malaysia
Tel: +603-2144 8750 or +603-2144 2200 ext 2338

Opening hours:
Mon-Fri: 11.30am - 2.30pm / 6.30pm -10.30pm
Saturday: 11.00am - 2.30pm / 6.30pm -10.30pm
Sun & Public Holidays: 9.00am - 2.30pm / 6.30pm -10.30pm


7 comments:

  1. this place is only a 5-minute drive from my office, but have only eaten here once! :D
    prices look really reasonable, considering it's a hotel outlet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, I am missing the hor fun. Perhaps I will cook it on Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh... have not eaten there for ages! Glad they're still maintaining their standards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I have not been to Xin Cuisine for ages! That was my family favorite dim sum restaurant, used to frequent there every Sunday. For convenience sake, we just dine @Reunion, BV2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup! I had lunch here with my siblings the day after my wedding dinner.. had the peking duck and other dishes as well! We were completely blown off by the standard of the food. Sadly, that was the one and only time I ate there.. it has been more than 3 years now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely restaurant :) thanks for sharing

    jen @ www.passion4food.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sean, yeah I think so too plus they serve alcohol here :p

    LCOM, really salute you :D

    PG, yes they do!

    Angie, I guess we're creatures of habit!

    Leo, sounds like another visit should be in your schedule

    Thanks Jen

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012