Friday 15 October 2010

Review: Bisou Bake Shop

**Pork Free**


A couple of months back I was all alone in Bangsar Village 1. Had wanted to go Daily Grind but they were closed for relocation to the opposite side where Country Farm Organic used to be, so I ended up at Bisou Bake  Shop for a quick lunch. Seems that they have shifted from Asian Heritage Row. This outlet does not only sell cakes but hot and cold meals as well. The menu size is all right without having a long list mind boggling stuff. It's really my kind of meals that are simple and fuss free like sandwiches, salads, pasta etc.

Bisou Bake Shop

As I sat down I saw this little card that mentioned either a hot soup or cold salad and an iced lemon tea are thrown in for every hot meal ordered on weekdays. Sounds like a good deal to me!

Freebies

I loved the iced lemon tea here even though it's complimentary. It's really made from fresh tea and lemon! I was disappointed that many eateries would rather served the powdered mix kind but not Bisou! Sugar syrup is served on the side for one to adjust the sweetness of their tea. Extra points there too!

Iced Lemon Tea

I've asked for a soup which is changed on a daily basis. That day was a mushroom. Luckily it wasn't serve in a big portion but just nice for my standard. Not overly creamy and it's definitely cook from scratch.

Mushroom Soup

My Chicken Stew came with quite a number of big pieces of chicken meat and it's of the thigh part. There are plenty of vegetables thrown in like carrots, peas and zucchinis in the tomato based stew. There's a slice of garlic toast to go with the stew, yummy to mop up the stew. This is my hearty kinda lunch and it's not super expensive. I can't recall the exact amount but it's definitely less than RM18. It's certainly value for money.

Chicken Stew


Bisou Bake Shop
F-30 First Floor
Bangsar Village 1
Jalan Telawi Satu
Bangsar Baru, Kuala Lumpur
Tel: (603) 2287 3535
Opens daily from 10:00am - 10:00pm

6 comments:

  1. ahh, and not too much carbs in the lunch either, rite. so can still head back to work after that without feeling drowsy. i wouldn't have been able to resist a cupcake or two (or three) though... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting ..... thought they sell cakes only!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Sean, I try to cut off carbs for lunch :D but my lunch is so much that I cant eat any desserts

    Celine, me too until I saw the signage. Only this outlet has meal. KLCC only sell cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Given the premium location, VERY value for money. And that short poetic bits was witty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. J2Kfm, totally agreed. This place is perfect for quick and light lunches.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012