Tuesday 7 September 2010

Steamed Loofah Gourd With Pork Ribs

**Non-Halal**


It has been a while since I posted something that I've cooked. This is a simple steamed dish that I had a glance in a magazine at the bookstore. Do note that the loofah gourd expel quite a large amount of liquid, hence it's advisable to use more corn starch to help thicken the gravy. I actually drank up the gravy as it's really sweet naturally flavoured by the gourd and ribs. The next round, I will do away with the scallops as I didn't like the smell that doesn't went well with the dish.

Steamed Loofah Gourd With Pork Ribs

Marinade 1 strip of chopped pork ribs with some oyster sauce, soy sauce, pepper, a dash of sesame oil, corn starch, cooking wine, about 1 tbsp of fermented black beans and a wee bit of sugar.

Peel one medium sized loofah gourd and slice them into thickish strips. Slice a clove of garlic thinly.

Place all ingredients in a heat proof dish, make sure it's rather deep as I discovered that the loofah gourd expelled quite a lot of liquid. Mix them well. Scatter soaked and shredded dried scallops (about 2 medium sized) on top of the ribs and loofah gourd mixture. Steam for about 25 - 30 minutes and serve hot with white rice.

Easy peasy!

14 comments:

  1. Oooh...this looks yummers! No prizes for guessing what I'm having for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowser, so fast Ping? hahaha well enjoy the dish then

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love loofah gourds. Mom normally stir fries them and throws in chinese vermicelli to absorb the excess water :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love loofah gourd. not everyone likes the sliminess but i think its heavenly! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unka Leong, ooo dat sounds like yum!

    C&C, hey me thinks the same too! YAY

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like comfort food for a rainy evening! :D but the ribs still have bones in them? can i have my meat deboned before the dish is served to me? i'm lazy that way, heheh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sean, ribs of course got bones hahaha erm how to debone? :p i usually does it inside my mouth, you want me to spit out for you?? ouch that's gross, my bad hehehe sorry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loofah slightly ovcercooked? Never get to eat it at home relish to have it with tofu and some water eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i need to head chinese n learn how to cook something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just finished my dinner and I'm hungry all over again! I'm salivating for a homecooked meal now

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delicious to me! I like anything easy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. leo, you're a true Chinese boy at heart!

    worldwindows, yeah but i'm fine with it as the centre bit still has a crunch

    why Joe? missing chinese food already? try my index for easy peady dishes but it's not updated though

    jon, you din have dinner at home I reckoned?

    LCOM, me too!!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like angled loofah too. Just stir fry plainly with dried shrimps also good enuf for me!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012