Another easy peasy AND super healthy vege dish cos no oil is used, unless you decided to make it more fragrant by drizzling shallot or garlic oil over before serving. Specially brought to you by babe_kl as an early Christmas pressie :D To a healthier 2009!
I will be taking a break next week since I doubt I would have the opportunity to be sitting in front of a computer. Happy holidays!!!
Stir-Fried Kei Chi Mix Vegetables
1 carrot, sliced according to your liking
1 bunch of asparagus, remove the fibrous layer with a peeler then sliced into lengths
1 pack of baby corn, remove husk and sliced into lengths
half a yellow capsicum/bell pepper, sliced
2 tbsp kei chi (boxthorn/lycium/Chinese wolfberry)
1/2 rice bowl water or you can use chicken stock
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
A saucepan of water
1 tbsp oyster sauce or to taste
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp water
1 tsp corn flour mix with 2 tbsp water
1. Clean and soak kei chi in water for 30 mins.
2. Boil (C) and blanch (B). Remove and set aside.
3. Heat wok and put in combined (D). Pour in kei chi together with the water.
4. Add in blanched vegetables and stir.
5. Thicken with (E). At this stage, you can drizzle in shallots or garlic oil over but I didn't. Serve immediately.
Technorati Tags: vegetable + vegetarian