Wednesday 7 November 2007

Stir-fried Long Beans With Bean Paste

Longs Beans With Bean Sauce

A firm favourite in Chinese households... am pretty sure most moms would have this simple yet yummy vegetable dish on the dining table. Just stir in some chopped garlic, sliced shallots (shallots are not necessary, just that I have some and wanted to use up before they turn rotten) and minced bean paste in hot oil till fragrant. Watch out diligently as the bean paste can burn easily. Next, dunk in the long beans and stir. Sprinkle in a wee bit of water and watch how the beans turn colour into a deeper shade. Dish up and serve hot otherwise the beans will turn wrinkly. I do not add in any salt since the bean paste is salty. For a bundle of long beans, I normally use about a heap teaspoonful of bean paste. Most times I will taste it during cooking, if not salty enough then only add some to taste.

Technorati Tags:

4 comments:

  1. now that beans are in season, it's a good time to make this again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never used to like them.. till i can't find it anywheres here.. muahahah!! ironic eh..??

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL mamabok, dats pretty normal eh?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012