Wednesday 31 October 2007

Kiddy Menu: Omelette







It has been a long while since I last shown my boiboi's face, so here's how he looked like now... Cheeky lil fella I have there, a bit fussy on the food he eats at times, hence I have to wave my wand to do some magic. Luckily it's pretty easy to please him since I have some tricks up my sleeves.

Since he doesn't like his meat in pieces, we feed him minced meat instead. In all sorts of way... in bolognaise sauce, meat patties, dumplings, pie, etc and recently I discovered a fantastic and easy way to feed him.

He's kinda funny cos doesn't like eggs in hard boiled or fried form. I think he find egg white icky. It is only recently he took on half boiled eggs. Even that he will only eat the eggs when he dip bread in them or break pieces of bread to soak in the eggs. He only likes omelette in terms of fried form. So that's where I got creative. Hid vegetables like carrots, long beans, french beans and onions in there; as for meat, minced meat or chopped prawns. He loves them with tomato ketchup.

This one is a simple carrot and french beans strips omelette. Easy peasy... just fry carrots and beans in oil. Season with salt and pepper before pouring beaten eggs over. Let set before flipping over.

Carrot & French Beans Omelette

An old time childhood favourite of prawns and onions omelette where I chopped up the prawns.

Prawn & Onion Omelette

Technorati Tags: +

9 comments:

  1. you sure that is called "hiding" veggie and meat in the egg ? hahahaaaa.... more like half half ^_^
    boi boi is so lucky to have a creative mum ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, he's a lucky kid. If I had a kid, he'd be eating fried rice and salad every day. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. both omelette looks so colourful and delicious. As a child, i remembered my grandma chopping snake beans into tiny pieces and using it in omelette-I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So colourful, one would be easily tempted to eat them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :p ling

    lemongrass, so healthy! hehe

    ;-) daphne, i guess its some kind of comfort food

    jason, ya ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. boi boi has grown up..as adorable as always

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehehe boiboi so cute. If I hads kids... they all be eating Potato, Cheese n bread everyday... sure grow up 6ft tall wan...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chloe is also very fussy with food.. can't get her to try new food. Eggs she refuses to eat them. .unless i mixed them into fried rice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks kampungboycitygal

    bernsy, you grooming a basket ball player ka??? lol

    mamabok, lots of time we have to experiment and be creative :(

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012