Thursday 11 February 2010

Orange Yoghurt Cupcakes

Orange Yoghurt Cupcakes

I've used the same recipe for Citrus Yoghurt Muffins for this with a couple of changes. Since I've oranges in my fridge only, so I've just used orange zest. For the oil, I've used Carotino oil which is a palm oil that came in a deep red hue. I decided to try this Carotino that I've gotten in sample bottle after reading that one can create a very nicely coloured cake in a newspaper feature.

Check out the colour of the muffin! It is indeed a very very rich orangey colour. Compared with the Citrus Yoghurt Muffins, this batch looked so good! The muffins are moist and I can safely scoot off to get a bottle of Carotino oil just for baking! This seems like a great item to be served during the Chinese New Year.

Orange Yoghurt Cupcake

9 comments:

  1. O the zest of Life! Orangey and Chinese-New-Yeary too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! - Very festive....
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ;-) Kenny

    tummythoz, try not to cos they soak the mandarin oranges in chemical before shipping!!! at least for oranges, you soak them in hot water then brush the wax away

    J, yeah very, i think will make some for CNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Gong hei, Gong hei! have a great festive this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jmmmm...maybe using some mandarin oranges will turn it into a cny muffin, eh? :) happy cny to u n yr family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you and your family A Happy and Prosperous New Year. May the year of tiger brings you lots of happinesss, health and wealth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks BBO, Little Inbox and ICook4fun

    Nic, can use mandarin oranges juice but I wont recommend using the skin as it's soaked in chemical

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012