Wednesday 17 February 2010

Banana Pancake (Jamie Oliver's USA style pancake)

I hope everyone have a fantastic Chinese new year celebration. For us there were a lot of feasting LOL and there are more to come!

Ok I know I'm a day late but what the heck... yesterday was Pancake Day and here I am posting a delayed pancake recipe using Jamie Oliver's USA-style Pancake recipe from Happy Days with the Naked Chef. Hmm funny I've mentioned before that I need to post this up back in early 2008 but I have yet to do it! Best part, I've made this numerous times LOL.

I remember making this batch for breakie after a failed attempt of whipping egg whites for a pavlova LOL sighhh I whipped the whites mid way, stop it and ran out to grab caster sugar which I've ran out, I just can't believe it but that day was filled with disasters!!! When I came back with the sugar, the whites refuses to turn shiny... hence I chucked it aside. Instead of throwing them away, I remember Jamie's pancake recipe called for whipped egg whites and tadaaaa...

I've used bananas instead of blueberries but from his recipe you can practically use anything you have in your pantry such as fresh corns, bacon bits, choc bits etc.

Banana Pancakes

Check out my other healthier version of banana pancakes.

8 comments:

  1. wah...the banana pancakes on top of one another look so ravishing la..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... well, it wasn't what you initially planned, but gosh it looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stuff. I am sure this will be good competition to roti chanai. Happy and Prosperous CNY to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks reanaclaire & LCOM

    J, Jamie Oliver's recipe never fail one!

    LOL worldwindows but this is a lot healthier UNTIL the butter and honey piled on them :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gong xi fa cai!

    I love the idea of using bananas in pancakes and yours look really fluffy and yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Piggy, this recipe gives fluffy pancakes cos of the whipped egg whites

    BSG, i guess everyone loves bananas!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012