Monday 30 June 2008

Stir-fried Beansprout With Salted Fish

Stir-fried Beansprout With Salted Fish

Another easy peasy dish and a favourite amongst harm yue (salted fish) lovers. The only hard bit is to tail the mung bean sprouts (taugeh)! Lots of work there.

Fry chopped pieces of salted fish in some oil till crispy. Dish up and set aside. Fry some chopped garlic in some oil (I've used the remainder oil used to fry the salted fish for added flavour) till fragrant before adding the bean sprouts. You can add red chilli strips in as well. Stir and sprinkle in some salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and dish up. Sprinkle the salted fish all over. Alternatively, you could also add in the fish after seasoning, stir well before dishing up. Serve immediately.


Technorati Tags:

7 comments:

  1. oh babe, I just read about your loss. I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope u r feeling better. *hugs*

    note-this is my fav dish. I can eat that with plain rice and nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Stir-fried Beansprout With Salted Fish" ? I never thought about that before =S Normally Salted Fish is served with Claypot Chicken Rice =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorites too. But instead of salted fish, I replaced it with something else in my blog. Yours sure look crunchy and nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummie! I would eat this after the gym, along with steamed toufu, a fried egg, and some japanese rice. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bit of cili padi also nice. Yumz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *hugs* daphne. thanks, am much better now.

    jerome, its quite a common dish actually

    thanks belacan

    quite healthy stuff huh since use very little oil, cumi&ciki

    yes pea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now if only i can get my hands on some salted fish..!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012