Wednesday 4 June 2008

Review: Restoran 3U @ Taman Tayton View, Cheras

**Non-Halal**

Update 27 June 2013

Sad to say this place had since closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I read the recent article on Restoran 3U in The Star recently. I was so glad that they have changed their operation hours! They're now open from 8am till 8pm. We checked them out one Sunday and was glad they were opened.

Hubby ordered the Prawn Noodle (RM6.80) which came topped with huge prawns (I think got 3), fish cake and pork slices. He said it was nice but there were nicer ones out there like Champs or San Peng hawker. I took a bit of the soup and agreed with him too.

3U - Prawn Mee

I shared this bowl of Prawn Wantan Hor Fun (rice noodles) with boiboi. There were 6 prawns wantan in there, of which 4 went to boiboi since he loves it so much. The hor fun is slippery and smooth. The soup base tasted naturally sweet, I guess must be from the stock that they usually made using prawn shells.

3U - Prawn Wantan Hor Fun

We ordered a small bowl of Beef Tendon Balls (ngau kan yuen in Cantonese). I tell you, no wonder WMW, BBO and Boo_licious came all the way to Cheras to devour the beef noodles. The soup was fantastic, very very flavourful. The three of us drank up the soup till the very last drop! As for the tendon balls, they're very springy and I'm sure would have bounced very far if I were to drop one on the floor. I'm gonna just eat their beef noodles the next time!!!

3U - Beef Tendon Balls

As we've watched an episode of Ho Chak featuring their prawn noodles, we're aware that they do use MSG in their soup, hence I did feel thirsty later on. Otherwise, everything is a OK.


Restoran 3U
25 Jalan Dato Haji Harun
Taman Taynton View, Cheras
Opening Hours: Daily, 8am to 8pm, except Wednesdays. Opens on public holidays.
Tel: 012-3161189 / 016-6500609


Technorati Tags: + +

14 comments:

  1. if the Great WMW, BBO, Boolicious, and now Delectable Babe has graced this 2+1 U , then its time BSG show up too !
    hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm... so the prawn mee is not so great after all... safe my trip all the way to cheras and risk getting lost ~ i will go to Champ's ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. the prawn me already sold me liow babe :). and their beef tendon balls looks so inviting. hope they will open outlets in PJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. always passed by, and read a review of this 3U when they first opened up.

    Must go try their beef noodles since its recommended....

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, remember to bring the whole team along Team BSG

    ling, skip the prawn noodles and go for the beef noodles

    yozora, the prawns noodles not dat great la. next time i bring you to sanpeng

    bernsy, yes the beef noodles are highly recommended

    ReplyDelete
  6. MSG in soup.... i think we can't avoid from consume them in current world.......

    beef noodle... yum yum... will try if got chance.....

    mind to bring us there when we make our trip to KL??..:P

    ReplyDelete
  7. the ngau kan yun looks so good! i'm a big fan of anything beefy, bet this is top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The price of Prawn Noodle is quite reasonable. Rm6.80 with big prawns.If i go there, i sure will order it=)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the prawn noodle soup looks thick! must be really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sure no problem penang tua pui

    sc, then you must try this place

    jerome, yeah the price quite reasonable

    daphne, there were better ones actually

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey babe in kl, where do u stay ah. i'd like to join u go makan la 1 day. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah...time for me to drop by this place again! Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Been here twice but forgotten to bring my camera twice too! My boss like their prawn noodles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow....didn't know that...actually to tell you in Cannought there is a famous young Tau Foo too!!! The soup is super fish boiled...near my house

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012