Thursday 13 March 2008

Scrambled Eggs Topped With Chorizo on Homemade Multigrain Bread

**Non-Halal**

Scrambled Eggs Topped With Chorizo on Homemade Multiseeds Bread

Comfy and hearty breakfast or snack of creamy scrambled eggs topped with chorizo on a slice of my homemade multigrain bread - it's just scrumptious!

To make scrambled eggs, heat some butter on non-stick pan. Pour in some milk or cream (for a luscious, creamier and sinful version). Pour in eggs and stir. Stir all over the pan to ensure the bottom part of the eggs do not get over cooked. Remove pan from fire and dish up when the eggs came to the texture you fancy (do not leave them in the pan on the stove even if it's switched off too long as the eggs will continue to cook). I liked mine runny and creamy. Sprinkle some sea salt and freshly grated black pepper on them if you fancy.

As for the chorizo, just simply pan fry them sans oil as they oozes oil when you cook them.

To assemble this open sandwich, toast the bread and then butter it. Spoon the scrambled eggs over. Then arrange the chorizo slices all over. Voila...


Technorati Tags: +

18 comments:

  1. wow...this looks like the kinda bread(k)fast I could eat every morning (cept Friday lah..nasi lemak day haha). what is chorizo yeah? and can you get it from the supermkt? looks like the lap cheong :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. yozora, chorizo is italian cured sausage. i dun think many supermart stock them. need to get from speciality shop i think. err werner of elcerdo gave them to me one :D

    lanatir, tarak... malas

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe chorizo is spanish not italian ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is why I love coming to your blog.. learn new things every day..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wah...looks so healthy and delicious. *drools* Even the bread is homemade! Damn pui fuk u laa.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I will skip the eggs and just eat the bread! as I am really really overweight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmh, looks sooo goooood!!!

    Big Boys Oven, maybe you should skip the bread and eat the eggs! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wahhh! If only I wake up to such good looking breakfast everday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is indeed Spanish chorizo--lovely, dense, paprika-powered sausages. I use it to make a warm butter bean salad with tomatoes and red onion. There is also a Mexican style chorizo, much larger, with looser meat that crumbles when sliced open.

    ReplyDelete
  10. err dun u mix the milk and the eggs in the bowl 1st b4 u cook in the pan? do it separate one ar?

    ReplyDelete
  11. there u go yozora, its spanish sausage not italian, ohh my bad :p

    2superheroes, haha *blush*

    chriesi & camemberu, thanks

    BBO yeah just eat the egg white and skip the rest hehehe

    deborah & wmw, yeah my kind too but where got time to make everyday?? hehe

    thanks terry b for the info

    joe, nope i dun... the melted butter and milk gives very nice aroma. try it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey babe, that bread looks great! Sounds simple enough. That is my breakfast staple. Egg on toast. Yes, just one egg, have to cut down lah. I usually buy adventist bread but must give this one a go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to wake up to THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. chorizos seem to be stalking me!!
    i turn on AFC and there's lots of enticing recipes using chorizo...and now your yummy looking chorizo breakfast!!! someone seems to be sending me a message - go look for chorizos!! lol

    hopefully cold storage has them...

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love adventist 3 seeds bread too paprika

    haha daphne

    good luck lingzie, hope you find your chorizo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012