Wednesday 27 April 2005

Minced Meat Noodle

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sighhh I've been out of the net since last Thursday!!! Arggghhh... actually I'm on leave to chase after my cow, no, BULL more like it! It's so exhausting. Then, my home's PC's monitor conked, so we got a new one on Thursday but by the time we cart it home, the hardisk gave way!!! Urrghhh... finally got another hardisk to run as primary now.

Cooked this minced meat some time back. Rather easy. I minced chicken breast, then marinade it with some soya sauce and cornflour. Next chopped up some garlic. Fry the minced meat with some oil and add the garlic when the meat is about 3/4 cooked. This is to prevent them from burning as the meat takes a longer time to cook. Add some oyster sauce to taste and pour in some water, just enough to cover slightly over the meat. Simmer till cooked. Adjust the seasonings to your taste. Usually when I used oyster sauce, I'll omit salt as the sauce is already salty.

The noodle I've used this round were those homemade ones that goes by the name "pan meen". Literally translated means wood panel noodle. It is known so as the noodle is usually flat in shape, almost fresh pasta like. Just blanch them in hot water till al-dente.

I assembled this dish by placing the noodle in a deep dish. Lash on the mince meat and with some of it's sauce. Finally, topped up with some julliened carrots and cucumber.

Verdict: Simple and yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012