Wednesday 15 December 2010

Peppery Diced Meat, Potatoes and Peas

**Non-Halal**


Peppery Diced Meat, Potatoes and Peas

This is a creation of my mother and she cooks this a lot when were younger since potatoes are our favourite on the dining table. It's still our favourite dish and now my BoiBoi likes it too.

We normally use lean pork but occasionally we uses chicken meat either breast or thigh. Just diced them evenly and marinade with some oyster sauce, white pepper powder, sesame oil, some cornstarch and a few grains of sugar. Deep fried them till light brown and set aside.

Diced the potatoes to about the size of the meat and deep fried in hot oil till cooked and lightly browned. Set aside.

To assemble the whole dish, fry some diced onions till translucent before adding the meat. When done, put in the fried potatoes and stir well. Next add in some water (not too much as it's meant to be a dry dish) mixed with a dash of oyster sauce, a little dark soy sauce and a little sugar. You can season with some salt too if you wish. Stir and add in some green peas. Then add in lots of white pepper powder, well a lot more than usual but how much depends how hot you can take it. This is a rather peppery dish.

Dish up and serve with rice. Missing this already cos it's soooo yummy. Psssttt we tend to steal bites of this dish by shoving down by the spoonfuls :p without anyone looking before meal time kekeke and I still do this LOL.

7 comments:

  1. I believe it's a flavorful dish. Just one dish is enough to go with rice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hey, I remember this! We used to have the chopped pickled radish in it as well. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm, i like this recipe too! though maybe i'd replace onions with carrots as a personal preference :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Inbox, yes this is one of them

    Ping, this is totally a different dish altogether and taste totally different too. Awww so good now I pine for it :p

    Sean, I think can be done

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great hand me down home cook dish from your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think so too LCOM and now I'm happy to share with everyone :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recipe, now I have another dish to prepare for dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012