Tuesday 5 January 2010

Festive Scones

Since I ended the year with a sweet note, I guess it's apt to start with one too.

I've baked some scones for breakfast on Christmas eve using Flower's fluffy scones recipe. I separated the dough into two portions. One portion I added Sunsweet Berry Blend which contained wild Blueberries, Bing Cherries, Raspberries, Cranberries and Red Tart Cherries. Since they sounded pretty festive, I named these Christmas Scones.

Christmas Scones

The other portion I've added the zest of one orange and some toasted almond nibs which totally transformed the plain scones into a nutty citrus delight! So Almond and Orange Scones it is!

Almond and Orange Scones

Served both with Devonshire clotted cream (which you can definitely find at Village Grocer, Bangsar Village and at selected Cold Storage outlets) and strawberry conserve, utterly Heavenly!

BTW, I find shaping the dough into a rectangle and cut them into triangle saves a lot of hassle plus less handling of the dough as compared with cutting them into rounds.

Technorati tags:

8 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have been your reader for a year plus now. And I must say your blog is very interesting with all the easy recipes and makan places. Guess what? I too just had scones few days ago! You can check it out in my blog. http://asterruby.blogspot.com I'm a newbie and my blog seems a little bit disorganised. Sorry about that. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Nice nice, i'm guessing there aren't any more left? Hehe

    Happy new year anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scones look great, I like soft and fluffy scones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI, Nice scones. The first time i taste scones is not in London or Swiss, but at KLCC DOME. It is tasty~

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really like that recipe huh? Selalu saja buat. Me, dah lama tak buat scones. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice work there, babe. hopefully the new year will be as golden and yummy as your scones! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so glad to know that they have clotted cream in msia. I'll definitely go coldstorage to buy a bulk! hehe
    hmm.. on another note though, scones are meant to shape oddly (dont bother shaping them next time!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks K, you have a beautiful blog there!

    qwazymonkey, err added to my waist oredi!

    LCOM & Sandy, thanks

    yes Flower cos so far it never failed me. thanks so much

    ooo thanks Nic

    good luck in getting clotted cream there Augustdiners

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012