Ermm I left loads of them in the fridge before I leave home and when I came back, they're nicely ripen. To finish them up quickly, I made a cake with them after I chanced upon Amy Beh's recipe last week. I modified the recipe (as shown below, click the link for original recipe) and the cake turned out to be lovely and moist!
Persimmon Almond Cake
160g castor sugar
¼ tsp salt
70g dried mixed fruits soaked in brandy overnight
250g self-raising flour, sifted
45g almond nibs
1. Skin persimmons and remove any seeds. Coarsely chop the persimmons.
2. Beat butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Stir in persimmon and fold in sifted flour, almonds and mixed fruits.
4. Transfer batter to a greased and lined 20cm round cake pan. (I've used 2 loaf pans, worked as well.) Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 1 hour 15 minutes.
5. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Ref: Amy Beh's Persimmon Almond Cake, The Star, Kuali.com