Friday 27 June 2008

Kiddy Menu: Tomato Based Vegetables Stew

Found this in my Draft folder. My boiboi was having mild fever last weekend and I made the same dish for him which he ate up with 2 slices of bread. Somehow this slight tangy soup seems to be able to open up his appetite.

Kiddies Menu - Tomato based Vegetables Stew

When my boiboi was having fever, I made him this Vegetable Stew since I'm sure he will get sick (pun intended) by just eating bread. Moreover, he doesn't seems to have an appetite. This dish just came up in my head in the morning when I was pondering what to feed him during such time.

All I did was just diced up potatoes, carrots and onions. Fry the onions in olive oil till translucent before adding some chopped garlic. Once the garlic is fragrant, add in potatoes, carrots and a bay leaf. Pour in a can of whole tomatoes and break them up into smaller pieces. Add some water to cover up the vegetables. Cover with the lid and simmer for 15 - 20 mins. Sprinkle in some dried oregano, salt and wee bit of black pepper. Give it a stir and serve this with bread.

I gave a bowl to my boiboi and surprisingly he ate them all up with a slice of bread. Not only that! He asked for another slice of bread. He loved it!

Come dinner time, I just cooked up some macaroni and spooned some heated stew over them. Voila, a pasta dish! My boiboi lapped it all up.

Kiddies Menu - Tomato based Vegetables Stew with Macaroni -f

He liked this stew a lot cos he simply loved tomato based food. He even asked for this the next day *roll eyes*


Technorati Tags: +

4 comments:

  1. if its good enuf for the kid, it's good enough for me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky boi boi . . . . mum's a great cook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sick now, can I have a bowl of soup..? :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha cumi&ciki

    mike, its easy to kau tim my boiboi cos he loves anything tomatoes in it

    awww mimi, i hope you are better now

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012