Tuesday 18 March 2008

East and West Fried Rice

Actually this is not one dish of East meets West fried rice hahaha just so happened I have two versions of sausages used. In terms of flavours, the Eastern or rather Chinese sausages tasted entirely different from the Western version, well except for a certain cured sausages that tasted quite similar.

Let's start with the Eastern version. I've used Chinese sausages, just cubed them. Scrambled some eggs in oil and set aside. This time I decided to make my rice more fragrant by deep frying some thinly sliced shallots. Remove them from the oil and set aside. Then I fry the sausages in the oil. When they became fragrant, I added leftover brown rice and stir to ensure the grains are separated. Stir in mixed vegetables and sprinkle soy sauce and white pepper all over. Continue to stir and add in the eggs. Stir till everything is mixed well before dishing up. Topped some fried shallots on the rice before serving.

It's simply delish!

Chinese sausages Fried Rice

Next up is the Western style with the usage of normal frozen premium sausages that usually I will have in my freezer on standby. Made this for my boiboi's dinner. Scrambled some eggs in oil and set aside. Just sliced the sausages up and pan fry them till brown. Put in some chopped garlic and fry till fragrant. Next, add in leftover brown rice and stir. Just need a few dashes of soy sauce and white pepper for seasoning. Add in some green peas and eggs and mix well. Dish up. Since I've made this for my boiboi's dinner, just need to squeeze his fave tomato ketchup all over for him and he downed them in a jiffy.

Sausages Fried Rice


Technorati Tags:

9 comments:

  1. mmm... i love fried rice, any way you cook it...:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. luks simply divine.... arrrrgh... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought u mix the two in 1..

    shud also use chorizos tat u cooked earlier..n lap cheong..woo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite fried rice is with chopped luncheon meat thrown in. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your close-up shots of your fried rice. Can see every grain of rice...even my stomach is growling already since I have been staring at your fried rice for more than 5 minutes! haha. :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fried rice...love 'em, any style. Sambal belacan, tom yam, pineapple, kampung....quite a lot of styles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ur boi boi and I are the same type of person (when i was young) who love their tomato ketchup so much! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yozora, yeah its simple too but so comforting

    thanks cumi & ciki

    joe, you think will taste ok or not if mixed them together in one dish?? you wanna be my test bunny??

    LL, i got that lined up hahaha will post them later ok

    huh 2superheroes, really ka 5 mins??? hehehe

    BBO, better start wiping them up from your keyboard

    wmw, i think its endless leh

    jojo, hmm you loved ketchup too??

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012