Wednesday 26 September 2007

Roast Pork "One Pot" Rice

**Non-Halal**

Siew Yuk One pot rice


At times when one is lazy, "one pot" rice using an electrical rice cooker would be the mother of all solutions. Ahhh the wonders of us, Asians, having a rice cooker in almost every household heh... Haha without slaving myself over some hot stoves nor pot, the rice cooker is indeed Lord sent. It's a very versatile electrical item where you can boil water/soup; cook your rice or congee/porridge; use it for steamboat or even bake a cake!!!

As with before where I've made a "One Pot" Rice that have ingredients like chicken, French beans, Chinese sausage, mushroom and black fungus; this time round I have roast pork which I've gotten from my butcher, long beans, dried shitake mushrooms and Chinese sausage.

In order to have an aromatic rice, other than using dried shrimps which I did not use this time, I sliced some shallots and deep fried them till a light golden brown. Remove the shallots from the oil. Keep the oil for other times ie cooking or dribble over noodles or vegetables.

Soak dried shitake mushrooms till soften and slice them up. Chop up a bunch of long beans into even length. Slice up Chinese sausage. Wash up some rice and add in enough water to cook them. Pour in oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Next, add in all the ingredients mentioned earlier. Cook in the rice cooker. Once cooked, continue to let the rice cook thru in the "Keep Warm" function.

Right before serving, stir in a couple dashes of Shaoxing wine, the deep fried shallots and chopped spring onions. Close the lid and let the aromas steep into the rice for about 5 minutes. Serve hot.

I tell you, this rice is so scrummy until hubby and I have seconds which is very rare for me. Even my boiboi ate up in a gusto!

Technorati Tags:

16 comments:

  1. Looks delish! We Chinese are super in fully utilise our home tools! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will gobble everything too! Simply love rice-cooker "fried rice", or rice-cooker "claypot rice". :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm..definitely something I'll try one day. I like the addition of fried shallots - never would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh looks so good! i can smell the pork from over here

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL ;-) jason

    :D tigerfish, easy peasy huh?

    su-lin, thanks for coming by. shallots bring the rice to a new height, a must try ok


    teckiee, guaranteed taste good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe. Ok, this is slightly scary but how do u know this is on my menu for tonight's dinner? (seriously, i plan my meals one week ahead). My initial plan was to pre cook some pork slices marinated (dont hv char siew) and of course add in the chinese sausage and then add it half way through when the rice is parboiled. Now i wish I have char siew. hahaha. This time round, I won't forget the mushrooms!!! thanks for the reminder! =) yours looks fantastic..

    ReplyDelete
  7. eeekkk daphne!!! LOL... faster show me your version :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aiyooo.... everything in your blog looks so delicious..

    * DESPERATELY IN SEARCH FOR CLAYPOT RICE FOR LUNCH LATER* hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. my mum called that "one pot cooked" aka yat-wok-sok ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so good...
    You have no idea how hungry I am now..

    ReplyDelete
  11. l'abeille, i hope you got yr fix :p

    ling, we called that too!

    cindy, thanks for coming by. you can try your version one day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so inviting, knock, knock, knock.... can we sit in too and taste your food?.... I am sure can right?...lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll probably eat two pots of this one pot rice. Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  14. BBO, one day ok ;-)

    wmw, i could too cos i usually make more and store in the fridge :p

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't seems to get my rice to look so good leh. :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. mamabok, dun give up, i've many failures too, either the rice is too soggy or not 100% cooked. most times it's lots of guesstimates over the amount of water used.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012