Wednesday 19 September 2007

Review: Ying Ker Restaurant

Ying Ker Restaurant at The Curve made it on my list even before its opening. I saw the signage during their renovation period. At that time, there weren't that many good eating places at that mall but it's a very different story now. Breaking away from the normal grubs that our fart usually would asked for, this time we forced our way into a Chinese Hakka cuisine place.

I had always wondered why this place is so pack and they even put up a row of chairs outside for waiting patrons. All these while I thought it must be the place is too small to cope with the crowds but oh boy, how wrong I was! I didn't realised there is a huge dining hall further inside this classy restaurant.

Anyhow, we managed to get a table since we were there very early one evening. After browsing thru the menu, there are dishes that could go with rice; single portion order of rice or noodles; and the latest addition of dim sum.

I've asked for the Hakka Minced Pork Noodles (RM10.90) to be shared with my boiboi. The noodles came in a bed of noodles topped with minced meat and two meat patties. Looking very plain but I have to say this is very flavourful, as great as the one at Pudu. The minced meat were a tad too salty since I'm used to bland food but it went well with the noodles. Overall, I did enjoyed this very much.

YK - Hakka Pork Noodles (RM10.90)

Hubby had his favourite Braised Pork (Char Yuk) to be served with a bowl of noodles in soup (RM15.90). The noodles are very very plain indeed but hubby said it was nice to be served with the braised pork. I noticed the portion came with loads of black fungus that I liked. Tastewise, it's comparable to the tasty one at Leung Ya but again a tad too salty for myself.

YK - noodles YK - Braised Pork Served With Noodles (RM15.90)

We ordered a plate of chee cheung fun (rice rolls) filled with carrot and turnip strips (RM5.00) to be shared but my boiboi loves this so much that he whacked almost the whole plate leaving me struggling with my noodles. I managed to grabbed a couple of pieces which I find the rice rolls smooth and the filling have dried shrimps.

YK - CCF (RM5)

Overall, it was pretty pleasant but the prices are generally on a very high side, most likely to fund the expensive looking chopsticks, crockery and renovation heh. All in all, we spent in total RM45.77 in which RM8.00 went for a pot of Puer that came in a very nice purple clay teapot plus 10% service charge and 5% government tax.

Ying Ker Restaurant
Lot 139, 1st Floor
The Curve
Tel: 603-7729 4229

Technorati Tags: +

11 comments:

  1. This is one of the worst, most-overpriced places I've ever been to.

    Terribly disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have seen quite disappointing reviews about this place but i have yet to try..maybe i might be given a chance to give my 2 cents abt this in the future..the char yuk would definitely be on top of my to try list though.

    just replied via yahoo abt the el-cerdo gathering. is wed 31/10 ok with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really care too much abt the rest of the dishes but the chee cheong fun seem to have sold me thou'. Must admit, I am a real sucker for those watery flour stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, shaolin, read my last para! that's wat you're paying for :p

    joe, go with an open mind ok.

    yozora nitesky, eh the ccf at lowyat is much better leh

    ReplyDelete
  5. yar, very expensive lar, i found this place. almost like shang palace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fbb, but i always wonder why they could still be jam packed??

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. probably not many other chinese type restaurants in that complex, or ikano.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's on 1st floor, no wonder I didn't spotted it last night. We were loitering on the ground floor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. most likely i guess fbb

    jason, u were looking for it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree that this place doesn't meet everyone's expectations, my first trip there a year ago was rather disastrous.. However, I realised it depends what you ordered. My visit there last night was much better!!

    http://juliansi.blogspot.com/2008/05/ying-ker-lou-hakka-restaurant-curve-pj.html

    But ... for the BEST hakka mee, stick to the version in Seremban. Slurp!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012