Friday 9 February 2007

My Fibre Optic Cherry Blossom Tree

cherry blossom

I have a couple of enquiries about my Fibre Optic Cherry Blossom Tree. I guess most of you are used to the fibre optic Christmas trees but I doubt there are many places have them in Cherry Blossom form. This tree is kinda unique cos the fibre optics act as the stamen (correct ka?) and the fibres change to different colours from yellow to red to purple and so on. Watch the video to see how the colours transform. For storage, all you need to do is fold the branches up just like Christmas tree, remove the tree from the base and voila... stuff them into a tall slim box.

cherry blossom fibre optic

My mom gave me this 3 feet tall tree, three Chinese New Year ago. She had gotten it from her neighbour whom brought the trees from China. The following year we asked for more but neighbour said he no longer bringing them in. He said the quality no longer as good as his first batch. How sad!


So far, I have yet to see them on sale but MeiYen mentioned that they're available at Jusco 1 Utama and Malacca but they do not come cheap though at RM250! My mom paid about RM120 or was it RM160, I can't really remember. So head on there to get one if you fancy.

Technorati Tags: +

4 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! Looks lovely. Yah, have not seen one before, have seen Christmas tree version though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think those who wanna buy this tree can try their luck on da eve of cny? they may be offering 50% off from da normal price just like how they cut down da price on da xmas eve.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I see the Fibre Optic Cherry Blossom Tree. Nice to see how the colour transformed :)
    I haven't buy any CNY deco yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wmw, that's why i've someone asking about it haha.

    meiyen, jusco does that? wow ok those who are intrested better wait till new year's eve then.

    never mind chen, you wait till new year's eve, got 50% discount haha...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012