Monday 12 February 2007

Meme - 5 Things You Don’t Know About Me

I got tagged by Bee Yinn sometime back but kept dragging my feet cos I’m very lazy in doing homeworks memes. So if you tag me, most likely it will take me soooo long that I’ll only post this way after everyone or I’ve totally forgotten about it! Very slow infact until I got tagged the 2nd time round by FoodieLianne. Anyway, since this is only 5 items, I think I’ll do a quick one, food related of course.


  1. I HATE nangka or cempedak (jackfruit) –smell, sight errr taste, I don’t know since I’ve never place any in my mouth. I swear, not even once since I was born. I just can’t take the smell. People who knew me, my colleagues and families knew this but yet they always eat them in front of me to peeve me off. I will usually run far far away when I detect the smell. Poor hubby has to eat them out of the house otherwise he’ll have to sleep elsewhere but to share the same bed with me! Strangely, I have no problem with durian LOL.

  2. I’m very afraid of recipes with a long long list of ingredients. Make my head pusing (spin).

  3. I do not snack in between meals or rather hardly snacks. All this must thank my mom cos she bans all sorts of candies, chocolates and junk food when I was a kid. These stuffs are actually rare treats for me and my brothers but she was slightly more lenient with my brothers.

  4. I never started cooking until I moved into my own place with hubby in year 2001. Even that I also hardly ever cook cos it’s too troublesome and expensive to cook for 2. Hard to believe eh??? LOL... In fact hubby was so worried that during our courting days he kept asking me to pick up cooking from my mom, little does he know that my mom also started to cook only wayyy after she gave birth to my brothers. That too she had no choice cos my maternal grandma who does all the cooking had bad rheumatism on her legs, hence she can’t stand long. My mom had to reassure him that I should be able to cook once the time comes.

  5. I’m a glutton no thanks to my parents whom loved to try new dishes and new eating places since I was a kid. Best was to have foodie colleagues who will take the trouble to drive around town and sometimes outskirt just for lunch. They have all since left the company. How sad!


As usual, I'm not tagging anyone but if you feel like it, please help yourself with this...

11 comments:

  1. Nice read...I also recently posted mine and didn't tag anyone too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I do not have an active blog, let me tell you somethings about me self too
    1. I like durian but hate the smell. The smell gives me headache.
    2. I used to eat a lot of asam2, sour and dried plum(asam boi) and etc, but after having my two kids, I dont eat asam tidbits anymore
    3. I eat very slow
    4. I started cooking/baking very young but I started cooking seriously after my two kids. Before that my husband does most of the cooking or we eat out.
    5. I learn to sweep the floor in my homescience class when I was in Form 1. Never like housework till now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i saw wmw

    flower, you're such a sport! doing your homework without asking that is haha... btw i forgot to add that i dislike all those assam and preserved stuff too! i cant take those smell as well. i was praying and hoping that i dun need to take these assam during my pregnancy and i didnt need to, phewww...

    but how to eat during without smelling it huh???

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...that means you are not into junks at all? how i wish to be like you.... i am a person who can't live without junks, just too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 'Tagging Virus' is spreading around...hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww..babe, I love nangka, deep fried the seed lagi better hehe..so, what's your favorite fruit then ? the king ? wow..I started cooking when I move to the States..very charm also when there's no makan place like back home...I guess desperate times needs desperate measures :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. meiyen, you can still snack healthily though

    yeah precious pea

    i guess most have no choice when they're overseas. melting wok, my fave fruit is orange actually but please dun come near me after your nangka feast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to victimize you but thanks for doing this homework and get to know you a little better. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. no problem bee yinn but just make sure don't give me difficult and long ones haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. i live jackfruit...i hate durian fruit BUT i love durian candy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i LOVE jackfruit...i hate durian fruit BUT i love durian candy!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012