Tuesday 19 April 2005

Cheat's Chocolate Cup Cake

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I've baked these just right after the IMBB 13: Cupcakes and Muffins Galore!. Hence, it was too late to submit to the event. Well this was an impromptu thingy that I did whilst my boiboi was having his afternoon nap.

It was a quick and easy recipe. Great for newbie like me heh... I don't have the recipe with me now, will post it up later. The texture was perfect, slightly moist. I varied the toppings with some halves cashew nuts, some chocolate chips and crushed peanuts. However, I just wonder why my nuts sank? Hehehe or maybe I should stick to making an icing for the topping instead??

They looked wonderful, don't they??

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



BTW, they tasted wonderful too :p

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



UPDATED (27th May 2005):

Ahhh finally got time to type in the recipe. I've copied it from the net somewhere, sometime back but can't recall where. Hence, can't give credit to the creator of this easy and fast recipe. Whoever you are, THANK YOU!

100g butter (preferably unsalted)
80gm plain flour
20g cocoa
1 level tsp baking powder
100g caster sugar
2 medium sized eggs
2 tbsp liquid*

Preheat oven to 190C. Line patty tins with paper cases.

Remove butter from fridge and leave at room temperature for 10-15 mins until soften (but not until melted or oily).

Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder onto a sheet of paper, twice. Set aside.

Place soften butter, sugar, eggs, liquid and sifted dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Beat with electric hand mixerfor 2 mins or stir manually using balloon whisk (which I did) until smooth for 2-3 mins.

Spoon batter into paper cases. Bake in pre-heated oven for 12-20 mins or until cakes are well risen and the surface springs back lightly when touched with a finger tip.

Transfer cakes onto wire tray. Dust cake lightly with icing sugar if you like just before serving or with a layer of frosting.

* For mocha cupcakes, the liquid should be made up of 2 level tsp instant coffee mixed with 2 tbsp warm water.

* For orange chocolate cupcakes, the liquid should be made up of 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice mixed with 1 tsp grated orange rind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012