Monday 16 November 2009

Butter, Peanut Butter and Kaya Toasts

Last week I chanced up Kong Kay's roti bakar post. It's this sua koo's (country bumpkin) first time seeing toasted bun with thick slab of butter on one side and the other side was spread with peanut butter and pandan kaya!!! If you look at Kong Kay's pic, they have a beautiful contrast especially the emerald green kaya.

Yesterday, I tried this combi. On 2 slices of Mrs Macgregor (I forgot which type hahaha cos Capt'n Hook bought it for me but it has poppy seeds on top) toasts, I spread butter (yikes didn't realise I spread on so much *picit my spare tyre*) on one side and the other peanut butter and homemade kaya given to me by Pure Glutton. The peanut butter really elevated the normal kaya butter toasts to another level. The burst of saltiness and sweetness... kinda weird but it's a nice kind of weird which I liked :p

Butter, PB & Kaya Toasts

The kaya by Pure Glutton has a thick consistency which I remember how homemade ones are like, not overly sweet, so now all we have to do is wait for her to pass out the kaya recipe :D Thanks ;-)


10 comments:

  1. Homemade kaya? music to my ears!

    Mmm, I'm going to have one as soon as I get home from work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... kaya with peanut butter?? I havent tried that before wor - sweet & salty... kinky! LOL! Glad u like my kaya :-) Sure, i'll feature the recipe in my blog soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hhehee.. that will shoot the calories up the roof but I bet it is WORTH IT! Sweet, salty, buttery! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. normally we will not spare anything when we are making our own stuff... as we are not looking into profits :)
    sadly I never mix stuff... when it's peanut butter, it's 100% peanut butter. Same goes for everything else

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prefer mine with butter, peanut butter AND a sprinkle of fine sugar.
    *rushing off to have one now*

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks pretty.. ying yang! i bet it taste great.. sugar rush.. good for just b4 kickboxing 2nite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :D Nate and Annie

    PG, kinky??? hehehe i like dat word :p

    daphne, pls dun remind ok :p

    LOL, kong kay

    leo, do try them with various combi, they're uber delish! u dunno wat u've missed!

    tummy thoz, dats nice too!

    c&c, dun forget to add a banana!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have been a quiet follower of your wonderful blog for 2 years.For the poor us who don't have homemade kaya,a slightly healthier alternative I give my family. peanut butter with honey. Hope it is something you can try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a new combination! I've tried peanut butter and butter, kaya and butter but not all three together. Gonna try that out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Chua, thanks for visiting. guess what, i've tried PB with honey! there's another great combi PB wid marmite!

    hope you'll like this snappingdreams

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012