Wednesday 12 January 2011

How To Make Angkoo Kueh (Video)

Kenny Mah had recently blogged about our angkoo making lesson by none other than our Angkoo Queen - PureGlutton! I remembered that I've shoot a video of the Queen demonstrating to us on how to shape the angkoo. I tell ya, she really made it look so easy but in reality, it does need some patience and practice.

And I thot I have another video of Kenny making one but alas I don't cos I think I've gotten my hands dirty by then. That was one hilarious incident which we will keep to ourselves :D

I'm not really fond of kueh-muehs (traditional cakes) but these bejeweled angkoos made by PureGlutton is really yummy. The angkoo is soft with just the right chewiness and the peanut fillings are awesome but I could be bias cos peanut is my fave. Totally not oily at all unlike store bought! She had tweaked and perfected the proportions, plus she's so creative when it comes to using natural ingredients to colour her angkoos! Here's our salute to Angkoo Queen PureGlutton ;-)



9 comments:

  1. awesome!!! What a good way to learn- making videos. darn, i'm sooo tempted to make it now despite the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Angkoo Queen is such an expert! She should host a tv programme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. erh how come she sound like someone i know hah??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for putting this up, Babe! Hehe, we're reviving the Angkoo movement eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOCM, you're most welcome

    Daphne, but the effort would be worth it

    LL, shall we get her on Friedchillies TV show???

    Derek, you think leh??? :p Photogenic or not her hands???

    PG, it has been a great pleasure learning from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't agree more - our Angkoo Queen is really the master at this. She makes it more of an art than merely making food.

    And I have to say you caught on far more quickly than I did... but let's leave any untoward incidents in the kitchen between the three of us, hehe.

    Pureglutton Rules! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. wah i thot only pureglutton was damn good at angku. You too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. ;-) Kenny

    Hey C&C, that was PureGlutton lerrr not me kekeke

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012