Tuesday 28 September 2004

Mid-Autumn Rendezvous

Ahem... we have a rendezvous on the eve of Mid-Autumn Fest. I've got Miss Sweet16 and Mr I am Fake with me. The supposedly Miss Fit, Mr Gila (Crazy) Gym and Miss Bunny decided not to turn up after all the tempting about freshly made pastas. Cheh!

After some walk about at Ikano Power Centre, Mutiara Damansara, we decided to try out Big Ben on LG level. Sweet16 warned us not to order soup as they tasted outta a can. Duhhh... how can lah?

Something caught Sweet16 eyes... Mambo Jambo its in the menu hahahaha... oh dear how am I gonna explain this?? Maybe another time. Its supposed to be a gurls rendezvous nite out in short.



Pardon the picture quality... only got my reliable tee-six-ten with me. The dish turned up to look like this...



Its basically an appetiser of fishcake, chicken wing, potato skin and onion rings. The fishcake is fabulous with the right hint of spices used. Good when dipped in the Thai sweet chilli sauce. The chicken wing cut into two... Sweet16 said it was delicious and I gotta trust her. I took the other half and sunk in my teeth. Wooooo... its really tasty. Well marinated indeed before being deep fried. Fake got no choice as all he did was looked at us chowing the wing. Fake said he only eats them at home when he can get his hands on them. Maklum lah, he wanna look like a gentleman yesterday.

Sweet16 had salmon steak which I had a bite and I must say its really nice with the terriyaki sauce slattered on before grilling.



Fake had his usual dish quesidalla. Err wait for his comment on this ok cos I din get a bite on them. Of course he was expecting something he always eat in USA. Fake, try not to compare lah haha I hoped you've read Kitchen Confidential :p



I had the Fried Black Pepper Beef Udon. Look wise, everything is in the dark hehe. Taste wise, wished they did not stinge on the black pepper. Not that its not good but if they've got more black pepper in it, then the zing will be just right.



No desserts since we were too busy yakking away. Only got our butt off the chairs when they started to pull down the shutters and brought the bill. Sorry guys :D

The bill came to about RM70+... each of us have a cup of tea.

**edited to add in Fake's blog link

5 comments:

  1. Glad u guys had fun. Too bad for me. Was having seafood in Tropicana...by the pond... :P

    kslian

    ReplyDelete
  2. eh i thot klang?

    come on ahlian, dun tell me u did not hv fun there? there will always be next time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you really really thought mr gila gym will show up ka?

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome stupe :)

    yalor we really thot Mr Gila Gym will turn up one but never mind since he was sick. there will always be next time right ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. babe

    i changed my blog already. new url. :P

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012