Thursday 8 July 2010

Sweet and Sour Pomfret

A simple dish loved by kiddies. I just deep fried a pomfret before pouring the sweet and sour sauce over.

Sweet and Sour Pomfret

To make the sweet and sour sauce, all I did was fry some chopped garlic in some oil. Added quartered onions, sliced bell peppers and carrots. Stir for a while before adding water. Next, pour in some tomato sauce and tomato paste to taste. Adjust with some sugar. Salt if you like. Add in quartered tomatoes and cover. Simmer for about 3 minutes. When done, pour over deep fried pomfret.

You can used the same sauce for deep fried pork ribs or prawns.

8 comments:

  1. i used to like sweet & sour fish and meat when i was a kid. but somewhere down the line, my tastebuds changed ... now i still like sweet, but i hate sour :D
    this looks like a good way to get the children to eat healthy though! lean protein from the fish, and all the nutritional benefits from the tomatoes and onions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean, I noticed guys cant tolerate sour stuff err except those dried pickled stuff. BTW how did you know that was how I trick my BoiBoi to eat fish :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like fish a lot....u cook that?

    thanks for ur bday wish to dylan...sorry for my late reply...busy at work and sick now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the extra extra tomato and bawang you put in! yums!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not just kiddies! (Almost) grown-ups like me love sweet and sour fish too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss pomfret! Haven't have this fish for a long long time. I have my version of sweet and sour mahi-mahi coming up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, u put so many veggies but don't have my fav pineapple :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. sheeshhh finally all comments can be displayed!!! sorry horr for the delay, it's Blogger's fault!

    vialentino, yeah I cooked that. hey the weather is bad these few days, you take care ok.

    KY, when cooked for ownself, we usually tend to kar liew isn't it?

    LOL yes Almost-Grown-Up-Kenny!

    LCOM, you can't get pomfret at your place? can you replace with another type of fish?

    mimi, aiyak dun have ever ready pineapple in the fridge leh :( otherwise nice also hor

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012