Wednesday 20 January 2010

Review: Starters at Finnegan's; Mains at twentyone

**Non-Halal**


One afternoon, I made late reservation at both Finnegan's Irish Pubs & Restaurants and twentyone kitchen+bar which are located side-by-side along Changkat Bukit Bintang via theQguides. That got Lisa scrambling to contact me thinking that I made the wrong dates since both were reserved on the same date but she missed out the time factor :p What to do, we're procastinators anyway. Capt'n Hook and I planned to have a drink at Finnegan's before proceeding to twentyone for dinner.

Finnegans

Cosmo & GD

Whilst we were both enjoying our drinks, we decided to have a small bite here, so we opted a Pork Snackers (RM22) platter has bacon, ham and sausage served with a dollop of mustard. I can't say much about the bacon and ham since well, they're bacon and ham on the saltish side, great with beer but the sausage is really terrible. They're just too floury.

Pork Snacker (RM22)

Once done, we hopped over to twentyone. Lucky the rain had drizzled out, otherwise we would be clambering over the fence or rather brick barrier in between the two places kekeke. Since we were a little stuffed with the pork platter, we just opted for their Y mains platter... yeah 'twas platters night that evening! We can picked 3 items from a selected choices in the Y section. No Xes for us. I can't recall how much but I think it's around RM50plus which we thought it was value for money for being able to try 3 main courses in one go, heh the tham jiakness (greedy) in us!

twentyone

twentyone interior

Complimentary bread

His platter consist of Bangers and Mashs (RM40 for full course) + Wild Mushroom Risotto (RM36) + Marinated Duck Breast (RM42). Bangers and Mashs are just ordinary but twentyone nailed the risotto perfectly. I urged Capt'n Hook to try the wild mushroom risotto as I've tasted before and it was still great! The grains are separated but yet creamy and not mushy nor lumpy. Fantastic! We both opted for the duck breast. I loved the tender meat which went very well with the leek!

Captn Hook Y Platter

his platter

I picked Crispy Skin Salmon (38) + Basil and Asparagus Risotto (RM36) + Marinated Duck Breast (RM42) for my platter. Was surprised that the salmon turn out to be quite sizeable which is perfectly done and the skin remained crispy throughout my course :p. The only thing is I'm not used to the slightly sweetish honeydew melon salsa. Loved the risotto that have bits of feta in it, they nailed it again here!

Babe_kl Y Platter

my platter

Bursting to the brim, we declined dessert and head home with a bubbly buzz in our stomach knowing that it was a great dinner indeed.


Finnegan's Irish Pubs & Restaurants
20, Jalan Changkat Bukit Bintang,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: (603) 2145 1930


twentyone kitchen+bar
20-1, Jalan Changkat Bukit Bintang,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: (603) 2142 0021
Facebook
Note: twentyone kitchen+bar will be closing Sunday for some freshening, 24th Jan till Thursday, 28th Jan. Reopening on Friday, 29th Jan at 6pm!

7 comments:

  1. omg all those meat, i hungryy nowww!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good wor.. i swear i hardly eat there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been pleasantly surprised with TwentyOne's food lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops sorry KY :p

    溫暖, hello I've no idea what you commented

    C&C, ya ya i belipchu :p

    LL ;-) time for revisits

    ReplyDelete
  5. being tham jiak is good! *wink wink...which reminds me of once i book on qguides and someone else did for same place, pax and time, jek ask is it my friend haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...I didn't know bangers and mash can be fancy food LOL

    I like the "platter" concept because I'm also the type to try different foods at one go ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been there only once before. Must give it another try.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012