Saturday 3 October 2009

Wishing All a Blessed Mid-Autumn Festival

Wishing all a blessed Mid-Autumn Festival. Enjoy your mooncakes with Chinese tea whilst admiring the bright round moon.

mosaic mooncake

These mooncakes are from Fook Pan... the normal looking one is Butter Lotus Paste (RM10) which was highly recommended by SkinnyMum last year after she tried the Chocolate Mooncake which I highlighted. However, I don't find them any nice with the exception of a nice butter fragrant and the skin is very oily. The green one is the Golden Jade (RM10) which is pandan lotus paste where at least the pandan flavour doesn't tasted artificial, otherwise it was just normal. Seriously I think Fook Pan this year cut some corners which resulted sub-standard mooncakes including the chocolate ones. Very disappointing as I hardly buy mooncakes for own consumption.


Fook Pan Food Industries
274A Jalan Ipoh
51200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603-4042 7676


Technorati Tags: +

4 comments:

  1. i am so sorry to hear about this. i didn't get any from them this year cos i baked my own. can you imagine?

    so i am not sure whether we have very different preference for moonies or the quality at fook pan deteriorated... once again, so sorry my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thot i was over the mooncake craze.. but seeing ur shots makes me hungry all over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't worry skinnymum, it's not you i think it's fook pan cos this year's chocolate mooncake also doesn't taste as good as last. well are you gonna blog about yr mooncake??

    c&c hahaha.. lucky it's only once a year

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have;

    http://lifewithskinnymum.blogspot.com/2009/10/blog-post.html

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012