Wednesday 28 October 2009

Restaurant Dubrovnik, An Evening With Bloggers

Dubrovnik Restaurant

With a kitchen helmed by Chef Zoran Djumic and restaurant front managed by his beautiful daughter, Dina, Restaurant Dubrovnik is the first and only Croatian restaurant in town and most probably in SEA too. Capt'n Hook and I have the privilege to attend an evening with the bloggers hosted by Dina and Chef Zoran by way of invitation by Frat and Alice George Communication (AGC). It's nice to meet some old friends like ThamJiak, FBB, beauty queen, Cumi & Ciki, Wilson, TNG and etc and new as well like Taufulou and FoodnTravella.

Dina & Alice George

We were a little late and missed the intro of the place and the drinks placed on the table. I was told later that we're supposed to taste all of them using a straw errmmm something not that hygienic with the prevailing A(H1N1). I can't really get the full taste of the drinks so can't comment much.

The first 2 dishes that arrived were orzo with prawns in tomato sauce and spaghetti with prawns tossed in garlic, olive oil and white wine sauce. The orzo looked like paella to me as the pasta looked like tiny grain but others thought they resembled risotto. I like the spaghetti as it tasted light.

Drinks and pasta dishes

Next we have some appetisers rolling out, spinach cooked in goat's milk which I thought initially it was done with cheese as it's rather rich. Sue Lynn commented this would be great as a dip which I agreed with her. We then have button mushrooms done in two way. We loved the baked potato skins. The mash potatoes filling is fluffy and topped with 2 types of cheeses before being grilled.

Dishes 01

The lamb peka (yikes no pics taken? must be busy eating :p) were baked under an iron bell known as peka in a wood burning oven. The meat is tender, nary any gamey smell but Capt'n Hook and I find the lamb a tad too salty to our taste. We also have lamb burger... actually I asked the server what meat and she told me beef as I sat too far back to hear Dina introducing the dishes. Found out the meat was lamb when I started reading the blogs LOL... anyway just like Cumi, my piece was a tad salty as well but the homemade bun is nice. The dish that is almost similar to a Hungarian goulash was one of my fave. The meatballs hidden underneath the gravy and cheese topping were tasty.

Dishes 02

The highlight of the night is Chef Zoran himself, demonstrating how to make Crepe Suzette by the table. I guess everyone were excited with the thought of the liquors used to flambe this famous French dessert. The bloggers were busy clicking away when the action starts. I had the third and last batch of the crepe... not enough sauce definitely, the crepe did not get soak through properly but the flavours are there.

Chef Zoran cooking Crepe Suzette

It has been a lovely evening indeed. Thank you Chef Zoran, Dina, Frat and AGC for hosting the dinner.


Restaurant Dubrovnik
J-0G-14, ,
No. 2 Jalan Solaris, Mont Kiara,
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Click here for map
Opening Hours: Tuesday - Sunday 11.30am - 11.30pm



6 comments:

  1. Ahhhh.. lovely outing! good companies! great food! what more to ask???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm.... I wish I could have been there. Oh well, I suppose there'll always be next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was a great nite and meet all of you guys~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dun worry J, yes thr will always be a next time ;-)

    hey taufulou, it was great to have finally put a face to a nick :D nice to meet you

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blogpost meets the requirement of our Blog4FT blogging contest. You can submit any post dated 5th October 2009 onwards and related to Federal Territories of Malaysia as your submission. Come join and win a Peugeot 308! Visit http://www.blog4ft.com/ or http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blog4FT/130983666025

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012