Wednesday 14 March 2007

Stir Fried Loh Shue Fun With Bittergourd

bittergourd lohshuefun

I'm back from Penang!!! Still alive but now I've tonnes of work... not sure when I can update on my trip. Overall, I didn't manage to go round a lot eating at those delicious Penang grubs *sad sad* but at least got some kind of satisfaction though. More on that later.

This would be a filler post, something I dug out from my flickr. This is a vegetarian dish but feel free to add meat or seafood. You can never guess what condiment I had use to stir fry this loh shue fun (rat tail noodle, a type of rice noodles). The vegetables I've used is the common julienned carrots, thinly sliced onions and bittergourd. Haha, well I was experimenting with my excess bittergourd and the next I've used in this experiment was Marmite!!! Yes, those smelly black yeast extract! You either hate or love this stuff.

What I did was blanched the loh shue fun and set aside. Fry some chopped garlic in oil and dump in the onions. Fry till onion turn translucent. Next add in the bittergourd. Stir and add in some Marmite to taste. Pour in loh shue fun and a little water. When its simmering, taste it and adjust the taste by adding more Marmite and black pepper. When the water thickens and dried up, give them a good stir before dishing up. Eat while its hot.

Errmm I won't say it tasted great, probably need to adjust the condiments there by adding some extra sauce like oyster or maybe something else for some extra kick. Maybe a wee bit of sugar to balance out the Marmite taste perhaps. Any suggestions?

Technorati Tags: +

7 comments:

  1. Loh Shue Fun and Marmite: Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. huh kittycat?? you tagged me for a meme? actually i'm not very fond of meme :p

    wmw, but dun really tasted great ler

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that you should add a bit of sugar to balance the marmite taste. I only like my bittergourd deepfried ala Indian style. Oooo..maybe you deepfried the bittergourd then sprinkle on the noodle???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bitter gourd? Eww. In fried noodles? Eww eww eww. With that out of my system, maybe a liberal amount of cilipadis?

    ReplyDelete
  6. precious pea, deep fried bittergourd is best with banana leaf rice haha

    hahaha poor tummythoz. thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012