Tuesday 22 February 2005

Pak Nien Hoe Hup



Pak Nien Hoe Hup literally translated means still being together after 100 years. This is a very popular dessert served at Chinese wedding banquet. I made this during Chinese New Year as this sounded kinda like a prosperity dish hehehe...

Anyway, this is one of the simplest tong sui (sweet soup in Cantonese) as it contained 3 ingredients - dried longan, dried lily bulb and dried lotus seeds. Simply boil all of them in a pot of water until the dried lotus seeds turned soft. Alternatively, you can steam the lotus seeds first before adding to the soup. Well, I was lazy, hence, I dunk everything into the pot. Add in rock sugar to taste. You can serve it either hot or chilled. We liked both versions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012