Thursday 3 March 2011

Review: Serai Satay Bar @ Food Republic, Pavilion KL

**Halal**


Updated 3 November 2011

Has since closed but there's a full fledge restaurant called Empire Serai located at Empire Shopping Mall.

~~~~~~~~~~~


I was feeling hungry but dinner appointment is like an hour away. So we headed to the Food Republic at Pavilion to check out what snacks that can hold my hunger at bay. After a walkabout, we decided to have some satay (skewered and grilled meats) at Serai Satay Bar.

Looking up the menu, Capt'n Hook and I would be sharing Set C (RM9.60) of 3 sticks each of chicken and beef satay. A teh tarik (RM3.00) for him and chai teh tarik (RM3.20) for myself.

Our frothy teh tarik (pulled tea) came first and I'm liking my chai version where the spices are subtle but yet flavourful. Best part, it's not sickly sweet.

Teh Tarik

The satay sticks came in a tall cup. There's a cup on the side where the peanut sauce is stored. How clever! You can actually have your satay on the go this way.

Peanut sauce

The satay sticks are accompanied with 2 sticks of cucumber, red onions and ketupat (rice cake). Each meat skewer I have to say have a rather hearty portion of meat. Both meats are well marinaded that the meats are good even on their own without dipping into the peanut sauce. The sauce is a little too thin to my liking and lack the hotness from additional sambal that we're used to get at Satay Malaysia or Satay Kajang Hj Samuri.

Chicken and Beef Satay Set (RM9.60)

Overall, I personally think it's a great snack but really as a meal on it's own, I think may not be enough for big eaters. A little expensive too but then again this is Pavilion KL. There isn't any service charges nor Government tax imposed yet. I've read in the papers that they have a restaurant Serai at Empire Shopping Gallery opened. Would like to head there when there's opportunity.


Serai Satay Bar
P1.08.00, Level 1
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603-2143 7070

8 comments:

  1. ooh, i've been to both serai and serai satay bar, but i didn't realize they're related! learned something today, thanks. hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. kekeke Sean, just like how I'm learning from for all the fab new places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh, I miss KL so much! It's one of our favorite holiday destination and we love the food over there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This look better that the Kajang Satay I had, more glistering with oil~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought the little cup thingy was quite clever too... Especially when I have to ta pau. Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm, interesting looking but bet it cannot beat the sentul one la.. our favourite;) thin sauce = fail di..

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes Kenny, brilliant idea isn't it?

    awww do plan for a visit soon Something_good

    Choi Yen, this is not too bad but a little expensive lorrr

    PA, yes yes and dun need to wash the dishes after :p

    C&C, yes the sauce not that great. I'm going to check out another place soon, will post up after we visit

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012