Tuesday 25 May 2010

Mung Beans and Sweet Potatoes Soup (Tong Shui)

Mung Beans and Sweet Potatoes Soup (Tong Shui)

Kindly excuse the colour of the above pic, due to my lack of skills instead of making it look real and better, I turned it looking a bit retro which reminded me of photos taken by my dad in the 70s.

This tong shui is one of the simplest but big in taste! Just boil the mung (green) beans in some water until they're soften before adding the orange sweet potatoes. The sweet potatoes that I've bought is the easy to cook variety, hence do not need to cook it for long. I've used gula melaka (palm sugar) for this tong shui which is the key ingredient to enhance the taste.

I like this to be serve cold but it's as good when it's hot.

8 comments:

  1. Retro is good. Simple is good. It looks delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute combination! Never actually done green beans + sweet potatoes before - but it looks delish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tong shui seems like is easy to cook. I think it is suitable for the undergraduate (like me, hehe ^^) to try out in the hostel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously? I usually cook mung bean tongshui only... I shall try it one day ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though the weather is hot here and I shd be asking for cold desserts but I like to eat this Tong Shui...hot :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kenny :D

    Definitely LeePing

    LCOM ;-)

    mel^^mel, yes serious! where hv you been??? so long no see you here?

    tigerfish, this is nice when cold too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. babe, haha... I also dont knw whats wrong w me, so lazy... its like day by day... and i jst realize i have been lazy for 6 mths :P I will be good girl, visit you more ^6^

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012