Wednesday 16 June 2010

Happy Duan Wu Jie

**Non-Halal**

The Chinese are celebrating Duan Wu Jie aka Rice Dumpling aka Dragon Boat Festival today. Those who are celebrating this festival, Happy Duan Wu Jie to you and your family.

PG Bak Chang

These rice dumplings (also known as tzung or bak chang) are made by PureGlutton and they're very delicious. Needless to say they contained lots of "liew" (ingredients). Since I don't know how to make them, you can check her recipe in her blog on how to make them. The recipe came with lots of pics! Oh yummm. She has offered to teach me and FBB how to make them so we're waiting patiently for it to happen :p. Thanks in advance!

13 comments:

  1. Yumsss. Love rice dumplings. Especially PureGlutton's! :)

    Erm. Do you n FBB need me to standby as a guinea pig during this cooking class? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Duan Wu Jie to you and your family too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for "promoting" my bakchang :-)) Yeah, we'll make some soon, ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowww the dumplings look absolutely fantastic! yum yum yum, i shall print her recipe and stick it on sc mama's fridge so she can make them next year (i am lazy hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ;-) agreed with you J!!! sifu teach one sure good geh :p

    thanks Kenny, Little Inbox and AiWei, wish you the same too!

    PG can't wait! thanks :D

    pssst rita, tell sc's mama that your baby wanna eat it like now hahaha then dun need to wait for a year

    ReplyDelete
  6. on this joyous occasion.. I'm down with flu! Can't even smell anything including the bah chang :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy dumpling day to u....my fav ler...like urs too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Mr Lonely for a visit

    bah! wat a bad timing huh leo? i hope you're better now

    thanks Vialentino ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love chang!!! So sad, I can't have it anymore. I think have to learn to make myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. mysimplefood, sounds like a challenge, a good one :P I really take it for granted since we can get them so easily here

    ReplyDelete
  11. My grandma saved one for me so it was my first SG item that I ate when I came back! Hope you had a great dumpling festival AND father's day celebration to your family!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012