The last recipes featured in BSC's reTALE magazine is this super fragrant, nutty and chocolaty cupcake! During recipe testing, I wasted ermm some rather expensive Vom Fass hazelnut oil as after baking, the hazelnut aroma simply just evaporated and disappeared. So in order not to waste such precious oil, I've used an extra virgin olive oil instead which you can actually replaced with some neutral vegetable oil like corn or canola oil.
To preserve and enhance a nuttier flavour to this cupcake is to simply brush on some Vom Fass hazelnut oil on top of the cupcakes while they are hot. If you're feeling generous, you can drizzle some of these oil all over which will makes the cakes pretty moist and absolutely taste and smell Heavenly. I was heavy handed on the amount of chocolate chips and I loved Hershey's as they're bigger and sort of like melted into gooey mess instead of those smaller generic ones you get from baking supply shops.
So, that's all the recipes featured in reTALE and I hope you'll enjoy these recipes as much as we did!plus
Hazelnut & Chocolate Chips Cupcakes
Makes 6 large cupcakes
140g plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
50ml Vom Fass Don Carlos - Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
2 tsp Vom Fass Naturally Cloudy Apple Cider Vinegar
100g roasted hazelnut, roughly chopped
140g chocolate chips
Some Vom Fass Hazelnut Oil for brushing
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line paper cups in a 6-holes muffin tray.
2. Stir Vom Fass Naturally Cloudy Apple Cider Vinegar into the milk and leave to thickened. Mix plain flour, baking soda, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl, set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl, mix egg, thickened milk and EVOO together with a whisk until they are combined. Pour this into the flour mixture. Mix well with the whisk.
4. Fold in ¾ of the hazelnuts and all of the chocolate chips into the batter with a spatula. Spoon batter into prepared paper cups to about ¾ full. Sprinkle remainder of the hazelnuts on top.
5. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and brush some Vom Fass Hazelnut Oil on top while they are hot.
6. Let cupcakes sit in the muffin tray for 5 minutes before removing them onto a cooling rack to cool.