Let's today be a sugar high Friday even though this recipe doesn't contain sugar. I got this recipe from an old copy of Her World Cookbook. The entire cookbook was themed eat healthy. I find the recipes were rather easy substituting the unhealthy ingredients with the healthy ones. This is one of them but I've made these Banana Pancake a bit devilish by frying them in butter and drizzling honey all over when served. Not only that, I've used 250ml of low fat milk and 2 full eggs since I won't know what to do with the yolks at the time of cooking.
My boiboi who doesn't like bananas told me the pancakes were delish and I think so too!
(Serves 6 - 8)
190g self-raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
300ml low fat or skimmed milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 egg whites, beaten lightly
1 tsp vanilla essence
280g ripe bananas (preferably pisang emas), mashed well
1/4 tsp cardamon powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
1. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Combine milk, egg whites, 1 tbsp oil, vanilla essence and beat well. Stir into flour until just combined. Do not overmix.
3. Mix nutmeg and cardamon with mashed bananas and add into batter.
4. Heat remaining oil in non-stick pan and pour in a ladle of batter. When bubbles start to appear on the surface and the edges turn golden brown, flip it over and cook for another 1 min. Remove onto a serving plate. Repeat process until batter is used up.
5. Serve hot with your favourite topping of fruit, or jam.
Ref: Her World Cookbook Vol 72
We have a few left over pancakes from breakfast. Boiboi and I decided to turn them into dessert. What I did was zapped the pancakes on High for 30 secs and scoop pralines n cream ice-cream on top. Sinfully delicious!
Technorati Tags: pancake + banana